5.28.2008

Adjusting to summer.

So I started working yesterday... I've mostly been doing paperwork and training, so it hasn't been all too exciting yet. We made some calls today and set up a couple interviews for tomorrow. My first home visits, wooo! Haha. Deb and I have connected really well on some things. I enjoy working with her so far. We decided today that I'm not going to work on Fridays, which will be nice. Also, she's cool with me taking a week off for vacation.

We're talking about going to Hilton Head again this summer. I really really really hope it works out with everyone's schedules to go. I want a tan and the beach sooo bad.

Tomorrow night I have to head to Indiana for Dorian and Ryan's wedding. I have no idea what I'm gonna wear to the rehearsal and dinner. Maybe I should go shopping with some of my birthday money. :) Anyway, I'll be in Indiana until Sunday. Friday we're getting manicures and pedicures, putting together last minute odds and ends, doing the rehearsal at 4:30 and dinner afterwards, then spending girl time at the hotel. Saturday the wedding is at 2 EST.

After the wedding and reception, I'm driving up to Monticello to visit family. I don't know yet where I'm going to stay. I need to call some familia down there to let them know I'm coming and see what I should do, cuz I probably won't get there till late Saturday night, around 11 or 12 I'm guessing. I'll stick around for a while Sunday and visit with everyone though.

I'm kinda bummed because I'm missing Lindsey's bachelorette party Saturday night. It sounds like it's gonna be a really fun night, but I'll be in Indiana. Oh well. Her wedding is soon - only a month away! So excited.

SO many weddings.

As always, how about an update on my love life? -- There's nothing. Adam and I have been talking a lot lately, but we're just friends. He's starting to share his girl problems with me more regularly, haha, but I don't mind. It's really good to talk and be friends again. Tim is in town and was supposed to call me this week, but he hasn't. If I remember correctly, he's leaving today. Oh well. This is the second opportunity he's had to see me in the last 3 months, and he's bailed on both of them. Actions speak much, much louder than words. As I sorta mentioned last week, Dave has been on my mind a lot lately. Probably because I'm back in McHenry and he lives down the street. I haven't seen him, but I guess Tavia did yesterday. To be honest, I had been hoping that he wouldn't be around this summer so I wouldn't have to worry about running into him. Oh well. I'm a strong girl. The only part that really frustrates me is knowing that he'll probably do one of two things: 1. Ignore me altogether, or 2. Be an ass. I'm not sure which I prefer. But it's probably better that he isn't nice. It's always so much harder to keep my distance when he's being nice.

Anyway. Other than that... I'm still really really single. I really am ok with it, but it's just getting old. I'm still lonelyyyy and it's stupid.

But there are bigger things going on in my life and in the world that I should concern myself with. Today I read some notes about some of the Mental Health Board's clients. People are so broken and lost. Being in this field is going to be depressing, but there's nowhere else I'd rather be. God has given me the ability and desire to help people, and I'd feel out of place anywhere else.

I can tell that it's going to be frustrating feeling so helpless as I conduct these interviews with families. I'm going to get frustrated sitting behind a desk and doing data entry. I'm going to get frustrated that I have to keep my mouth shut in the interviews unless it has to do with the questions themselves. I'm going to get frustrated. But I'll do my small part in increasing the quality of life for the families. And I'll learn a lot along the way.

I need to get myself back in shape too. Hopefully I'll get into a routine soon. 

Last week I mentioned that I'm still struggling with the same things I did four years ago... that's not really true. I may have been a little overly emotional and pessimistic last week. Truthfully, my life is enriched. It's different. It's changed. I'm not the same person I was, and I fervently thank God for that. Life is a little stale sometimes, but it's good. 

I like to remind myself of two things:
1. God is good, even when I'm not.
2. God is eternal, and I'm only 22.

I'm humbled, encouraged, strengthened, comforted, and loved. This summer will be good, challenging, and different... but mostly good.

1 comment: