11.02.2006

I'm Restored.

I've been experiencing something new the last couple weeks.

I've always been able to have a joyful intimacy with God, but lately it's felt different. Last night, Melissa and I decided to go to Focus for the first part of worship before heading to the library. We sang maybe 5 songs, and I felt something different. That was the first time I recognized it for what it was, but I realize now I've been experiencing it for the last couple weeks.

Today in CCL, J.K. prayed at the start of class. His prayers are sometimes lengthy, but always deep, and today was no different. As soon as I closed my eyes, I felt it again.

Every moment I spend with God, I feel a rush of... I don't know what. Maybe emotion, but it's more than that. It's of the Holy Spirit. I feel His love in a way I never have before.

It reminds me of a passage in the book of Psalms. My soul resonates with David often - I realize this more now than ever.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to
sustain me." Psalm 50:10-12

This has been my prayer for about two years. Maybe three - I don't know. I've lost track of time. But the Lord has answered.

Every. day.
I'm restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment