11.24.2006

Ouchies and Thankies.

I got my wisdom teeth out this morning. I look like a chipmunk, it's true. My teefers are gone, but my mouf is hurty a lot. Haha...

The last thing I remember before they put me out was the doctor and the nurse asking me if I have a boyfriend. After that, I have no clue what went on.

I haven't gotten much sleep lately. I've been up real late every night for like a week now. It's silly. Wednesday night I was on the phone until 8:30 in the morning. Crazy, I know. Thanksgiving was really good... Everyone got along really well (thankfully) and had a good time.

Wednesday night, I was asked what I'm thankful for. I think I'm mostly thankful because the Lord has blessed me so immensely in the last year. Even in times when I turned by back on him, he stayed faithful and kept on loving me. He's blessed me with so much love, compassion, knowledge, wisdom, and grace. And wonderful relationships with my family, and amazing friends who never let me down.

Melissa: Thank you for always being here for me, always listening (even when you don't feel like it), and being the greatest best friend and roommate I could ever ask for. You hold me to what I say, and Lord knows I need someone to do that. :P I love you so much, and I'm so thankful for our friendship. I love doing life with you, and I'm so so so glad we've been given the opportunity. There's nothing you don't know about me, and nothing I would hide from you. Thank you for helping me get through the rough times and being patient when I didn't make the right choices. You've helped me to become the person I am today in more ways than you know, and I'm so grateful for it. I love you, BFF!!

Tavia: Tav, what would I do without you?! Thank you for always listening to my pointless stories and laughing at everything I do! Every time we talk you bring a smile to my face, and your friendship has been a great blessing to my life. You're honesty is refreshing, and I love you immensely. We've only been BFFs for a short time, but I'm so excited to see where God takes our friendship. You've been super encouraging and just all around awesome, and I always look forward to talking to you and seeing you. Love you Tav Bav!

Ian: You know how much I appreciate your friendship. You've been here for me through so much over the last year of knowing each other, and I'm so thankful for that. The way God brought our friendship together is amazing, especially since we were both dealing with similar situations a year ago. Thank you for always listening and being here for me, and thank you also for sharing your life with me. It's a blessing to me to see God working in your life, and I'm grateful that I can be a witness to that. Thank you for loving me unconditionally, even when I make the dumbest choices EVER. You know what I'm talking about. Haha... your friendship is super important to me, and I'm here for you no matter what (even if your brother says I'm lame for being your friend. You're way cooler than him anyway!). Bear Friends Forever! :)

To the girls at school: I love you all so very much. Thanks for always being here for me and always wanting to hang out! We've grown super close this semester, and I don't know what I'd do without you guys! Kim, you're leaving us and that will be so sad! I'll miss you immensely, and I can't wait for our special day! Haha, I'm more excited for your wedding though, because that only happens once! Morg Borg, you're smiliest person I've ever known. I'm thankful for your laugh, because it's so amazing! Haha... I'm thankful for our talks, I love spending time with you! Al Bal, even though we haven't hung out as much this semester, I value your friendship dearly. I love connecting with you on an intellectual level, and I'm glad you live across the hall!!! :) Mindy Lou Who, you've become such a good friend, and I'm so thankful to have you as my roommate next semester! You're so much fun! Thanks for listening to me talk about boys all the time - though our convos are always fun! Boys are dumb! Haha... M. Wheeler, I'm super thankful that you're going to the Death Cab show with me! You're lots of fun, and I'm glad we're friends!! Shana Bo Bana, we haven't had any good talks lately! I love you oh so much, and I'm glad we can relate in so many ways! Megarooski, HIII!!!! Haha, you're so much fun, and I'm so glad you've joined the group... you're a blast, and I can't wait to get to know you better, neighbor!

Adam Craig Brewer: I'm thankful for you, butterflies, Chicago, modern technology, myspace, the Army, the phone, late night conversations, the month of December, Sufjan, Iron and Wine, Such Great Heights, pictures, you, Perks, you, you, you. Thank you for enjoying my stories, telling great ones of your own, being patient, coming to see me, sacrificing sleep, and appreciating me. I'm glad we're on the same page. Page 37 right? :P I appreciate youuuuu! :)

Well, I'm gonna eat some ice cream (yum), watch Arrested Development (yay!), read A Million Little Pieces, talk online, talk on the phone, do homework, hang out with my BFFs... one of those options.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:21 PM

    Jess, I may be a few years too late...but I am thankful for you, your friendship, MASH, boy conversations, laughing, music recomendations, blogspot, classes, group projects and you...LOL

    You're amazing! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete