5.16.2009

Would you create in me a pure heart, O God?

By far one of my favorite chapters of the Bible: Psalm 51. It's David's cry to God after Nathan called him out about taking Bathsheba for himself. I like it because it reminds me that David is not perfect, he made mistakes, and yet God still calls him a man after His own heart. It reminds me that God not only accepts us and forgives us and loves us after we have sinned, but he also continues to help us, guide us, and build us up. He does not leave us alone to deal with our sin. If we come to him in humility and repentance, he will give us strength to overcome.

Ah, just so good.

So, read 2 Samuel 11 and 12.
And then read Psalm 51.
Then listen to this song.
But hurry, because the link is only good for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment