12.14.2009

I never said my thankies.

Thanksgiving was almost 3 weeks ago and I never posted a blog about what I am thankful for... eek. I am thankful, I honestly am, absolutely.

This year I am most thankful for my friends who are like family, and my family who have become my friends. I am so blessed by my church family, by those who know me really really well and accept me anyways. That is true love. I'm thankful for true love in my life.

Specifically, I am thankful for my best friend, who I need so much in my life.
I am thankful for my small group, who I'm only beginning to know and loving more and more every day.
I am thankful for my favorite high school girls, who encourage me and inspire me more than they know!
I'm thankful for friends who listen, who accept me, who don't judge, who challenge me to be more.
I am thankful for the experience of counseling, for the changes my counselor incited in me.
I am thankful for my job, for the best coworkers, for a place to use my gifts and find new ones and learn things college will never teach me.
I'm thankful for spiritual direction, Sue is a wise and godly woman.
I'm thankful for wise women in my life-- such examples!
I'm thankful for my family of course: for a mom who loves unconditionally, supports unashamedly and vehemently, and follows Christ unapologetically. for a dad who makes me think as often as he makes me mad, who challenges me, who listens, who shares his advice (even when I don't want to hear it), and who is usually right. for a brother who is just like me, better in some ways, and cooler in even more... who gives up being home for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and his birthday to do his job, to fight for freedom, to protect me and you here at home. (He's a stronger, more selfless person than I.)

I'm thankful for so much more.
For Jesus, for grace and hope and mercy.
For transformation.
For Romans 8:28.
For unfailing love.
For Romans 8:37.
For Psalm 25:3.
For truth.
For growth, pain.
For Revelation.

For a God who redeems.
For Elohim who is also El Roi.

No comments:

Post a Comment