9.28.2012

BookSneeze.

God bless you?

No, seriously. I'm SO excited to start participating in BookSneeze! 

BookSneeze sends bloggers free books to review. The only requirement is that you review it in 200 words or more and post the link back on the BookSneeze site.

I review for BookSneeze®

There are many books to choose from, both fiction and non-fiction. BookSneeze is a blogger review program owned and operated by Thomas Nelson Publishers, the world's largest Christian publisher. All of the books up for review are informed by Christian values and principles.

So, why do I want to be a BookSneeze reviewer? 

1. I get to read! I believe good writers read and good women are resourceful. Reading for free is right up my alley. (I am a free e-book junkie!)

2. I get to write and work on the discipline that is required to develop top-notch writing skills.

Which book will be my first to review through BookSneeze?

After much (internal) debate, I decided to just jump straight into transparent conversations. My soul aches for the way our human hearts are drawn to fill our deepest voids and hide our most intense pain with temporary and unsatisfying substances. I am guilty of the same, and it is only by the grace of my good God that I have totally avoided the temptation to pick up my own copy of 50 Shades.


Shannon Ethridge is responding to the phenomenon, and I'm hoping for a compassionate, gracious, and loving experience of the truth to be found in God's story for us as women and the life he desires for us. Her book Every Woman's Battle helped prepare me for my brand-new marriage, and I am expecting a similar loving, truth-telling journey here.

Here is a brief description:
Without being judgmental or condemning, Shannon helps us dissect several common and often-disturbing topics...
With tips for controlling unwanted fantasies and resources for providing a safe haven for recovery, The Fantasy Fallacy helps us recognize and heal our emotional pain and equips us to help others do the same.
... rough, right? I commend Shannon Ethridge for even broaching the subject. It's a dirty world we live in, and we need someone to speak up about these not-so-common struggles. Let's step into the light of God's truth and allow him to heal our deepest hurts, and become better ambassadors for the kingdom by helping others find healing too. What do you say?

Whew... 

To be honest, this kind of freaks me out. But I am confident that freedom comes with bringing light to the darkness. And today God is reminding me that knows me and he sees me...
right where I am.


Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.

If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
Even there Your hand will lead me,

And Your right hand will lay hold of me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me,
And the light around me will be night,”

Even the darkness is not dark to You,
And the night is as bright as the day.
Darkness and light are alike to You.
//Psalm 139:7-12

No comments:

Post a Comment