6.02.2007

Fear not for the future, weep not for the past. -Percy Bysshe Shelley

I listen to a lot of music. I'm obsessed with music. I've been addicted to the stupid music challenge game on Facebook for the last three days (which is amusing to some, apparently). But something very annoying has struck me this week: way, WAY too many songs are about the past, about regrets, about "missed connections" (check out craigslist.com... pretty amusing). I'm sorry, but I'm tired of dwelling on the past, entertaining thoughts of "what if", questioning "why" or "how" or "when"... the longer I do that, the longer it will be before I can fully enjoy my present and my future.

Don't get me wrong, it's important to learn from the past, from good and bad choices... and I know it's easier said than done to forget about it, get over it, move on, etc... I've had just as hard of a time. But why do we subject ourselves to even more hell than we need to? We already lived through it once... must we force suffering upon ourselves by reliving it in our minds over and over again?

Anyway... those are my thoughts. And thus begins my search for music that points to the future rather than on the past. Because I no longer want to be able to relate to songs that remind me of yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I'm glad you are blogging again. I like reading your thoughts.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete